In a recent series of papers [1-3], we have discovered a connection between non-perturbative quantum field theory and the (noncommutative) geometry of configuration spaces. In this post, which has also been published on the noncommutative geometry blog, we would like to outline our findings in a non-technical manner intended for readers, who are familiar with…Read more The Metric Nature of Matter
Hi everyone, Johannes and I have just uploaded a new paper to the archive. This is without any doubt the most important paper that we have published in our careers; I feel very strongly about it. It is clear to me that our project has reached a milestone: what was hitherto an ambitious project with…Read more Newsletter No. 9
29.02.2020 Hi everyone Its time for a newsletter. I’ve got some good news — Johannes and I are making strong progress on the “fermion problem” that I described to you in my last letter. We are now in the process of writing down, double-checking and polishing our analysis and thus I am not ready to…Read more Newsletter No. 8
— “Why are you not employed at a university?” — “Why are you financed by crowdfunding and private sponsors instead of research foundations and universities?” These are questions that I am sometimes asked. I work full-time as a researcher in theoretical physics, I publish in some of the best journals worldwide in theoretical and mathematical…Read more WHY CROWDFUNDING?
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 03.10.2019 Hi everyone! Johannes and I have just posted a new preprint on the archive and therefore I would like to write a newsletter and explain to you what we have found. Things are looking very promising at the moment. We have spent a long…Read more Newsletter No. 7
One of the key principles behind the two fundamental theories, that scientists discovered in the 20th century — the standard model of particle physics and the theory of general relativity — is locality. Local interactions, local degrees of freedom, local field theories. This is what I would like to discuss now. What is locality? Before…Read more LOCALITY AND ITS DISCONTENTS
Newsletter - for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 18.05.2019 Hi everyone! Its time for a newsletter. Since I wrote the last newsletter a few interesting things have happened. First of all, my book is scheduled to be published in Denmark this spring — I’ll write more about this in the following —…Read more Newsletter No. 6
In the following I would like to discuss this question: when we search for a fundamental theory, what relationship should there be between the quantum and the classical? Or put differently: which one is primary, the classical or the quantum? The operational arrows of quantum vs. classical Let me try to explain these questions by…Read more Quantum or classical: which is primary?
[This is an Op-Ed, that I submitted in January 2019 to a couple of major Australian Newspapers. The reason for that was that the danish political scientist Bjørn Lomborg had published a piece on climate change in a major Australian newspaper. I felt that the fact that Lomborg published his views on climate change on…Read more Why we must act on climate change
With all the knowledge that I have about global warming and with what I see happening around the world — extreme weather, downpours, droughts, heatwaves, superstorms — I now believe that the situation is so serious and urgent that I no longer can defend flying. Thus I will stop doing so. I am deeply worried…Read more I will never fly again
The noble art of gold digging I sometimes think of fundamental research in terms of the noble art of gold digging. When you dig for gold you need two basic skillsets. First of all, you need to be able to find the right place to dig. And secondly there is the digging itself. And those,…Read more YOUNG RESEARCHERS: GO ROGUE
In the following I will discuss what I consider the most fascinating and intriguing development in theoretical high-energy physics in the past some forty years, namely the research field known as noncommutative geometry. The core business of noncommutative geometry, which is pioneered by the french mathematician and field medalist Alain Connes, is is to produce…Read more Noncommutative Geometry and the Standard Model of Particle Physics
In the following I am going to discuss the theory, which I have developed with the mathematician Johannes Aastrup over the past some 15 years. This work is rather technical and involves several different fields in contemporary theoretical physics as well as new conceptual ideas rooted in modern mathematics. In this piece I am going…Read more A final theory from empty space
— what are we looking for? One of the main reasons for me to write this blog is that I would like to write about my work with the mathematician Johannes Aastrup. Over the past some 15 years we have developed a candidate for a fundamental theory, a final theory. But before I write about…Read more The search for a final theory
Welcome to my new blog! In 2016 when I ran a crowdfunding campaign together with my colleague, the mathematician Johannes Aastrup, to generate funding for our research project in mathematical and theoretical physics, I started writing biannual newsletters to the backers of the campaign to let them know about our work — how far we…Read more Welcome!
I have made a video, where I discuss my work with Johannes Aastrup. This video is primarily intended for a broad audience - everyone! - but its also a "thank you!" to all those who backed my crowdfunding campaign in 2016. I hope that you with this video will get a better idea about where…Read more My work with Johannes Aastrup
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 29.09.2018 Hi everyone! Its time for a newsletter. As I write this Johannes and I have just uploaded a new paper on our quantum holonomy theory to the archive (an online physics database) where it will be publicly available Monday. I have attached the paper…Read more Newsletter No. 5
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 21.06.2018 Hi everyone, its summer in Denmark (presumably this is the case in most of the northern hemisphere!) and thus I think its time for a newsletter to let you know how things are going with our research project and everything related hereto. The past…Read more Newsletter No. 4
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING Cadiz, Spain 24.12.2017 Hi everyone, merry christmas! A few days ago Johannes and I posted a new preprint on the archive. In this preprint we analyse the question, which I also discussed in my last newsletter to you, namely whether our quantum theory has a…Read more Newsletter No. 3
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING Cadiz, Spain 12.09.17 Hi everyone, its finally time to complete the newsletter, that I started with a “part A” earlier this summer. Johannes and I have just posted two preprints on the archive, where we present a proof that our quantum holonomy theory exist in…Read more Newsletter No. 2 (part B)
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 27.06.2017 Copenhagen, Denmark Dear all, welcome to the second newsletter of the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign “A Theory of Everything”. I intend to write this newsletter relatively short. The reason for this is that Johannes and I are at the moment involved in some technical analysis,…Read more Newsletter No. 2 (part A)
- for the Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign A THEORY OF EVERYTHING 28.11.2016 Copenhagen, Denmark Dear all, welcome to my first newsletter. I wish to begin this newsletter by thanking you all for participating in and contributing to our crowdfunding campaign and our work. I know that most of you do not understand the details of our…Read more Newsletter No. 1
05.04.2021 Hi everyone, it’s time for a newsletter. A few things have happened since my last newsletter, both concerning my work with Johannes Aastrup and concerning other things. In the following I will try to cover it all. Also, I am going to write something about our research from a birds eye perspective: the broad…Read more Newsletter No. 10